JOB TITLE: Commercial Manager
APPT TERMS: Voluntary
REPORTING TO: FTFC Board of Executives
DATE: November 2017
Create and implement a commercial strategy to establish new marketing and commercial revenues whilst maintaining existing links in order to increase financial streams to allow the Club to grow in line with the intent of the Board of Executives.
Post Holder’s tasks and responsibilities:
• Create and implement a commercial strategy in line with the Board of Executives’ Club development plan.
• Maintain and develop the existing marketing opportunities whilst aiming to form long term affiliations and in order to achieve a sustainable base to operate from, to include:-
• Player / Coaching Staff / Match-ball / Stand and stadium sponsorship
• Advertising opportunities via ground-boards / programmes / website / Social media etc.
• Merchandising streams in-line with existing products and future projects
• Establish better links with business relationships both local and national
• Increase the Club’s involvement in the community
• Create a monthly Commercial progress report for the monthly board meeting
• Create an annual Commercial progress report for delivery to the Annual General Meeting
• Personally manage Commercial relationships in line with the Club’s obligations to specific brands and companies
• Liaise with the board prior to agreeing any financial streams from new and existing Commercial and Marketing agreements
• Keep the Board of Executives aware of progress on a regular basis
TERMS OF ACCEPTANCE
The role of Commercial Manager at Fairford Town Football Club is a voluntary post however for major sponsorship and marketing streams successfully negotiated, a payment in the form of commission is likely to be available.
No match-day commitment is required however there are opportunities to join the match-day volunteer team if interested.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
• Commercial / Marketing experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Computer literate
• Experience of Football Club commercial / marketing.
Applicants are invited to declare their interest and attach their CV by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 1st January 2018, applicants will be invited to meet the Board of Executives at a date tbc.